Monday 10 August 2009

glass

One of the big things I'm loving about this new house is all the little spaces for us to fill with all our things. In the last house everything was jam-packed onto a few (mainly one) shelves. And turned into clutter, rather than beautiful things to look at.
Now we have this sideboard, which the previous owners left here, that is topped with a cluster of our collected bottles. Both Sam and I like old bottles quite a lot. Discovered all over the place, some dug out of the dirt at houses we've lived in, some spied at the back of a shelf in an op-shop, some given (generally by my parents, who understand our old glass bottle love). With the little mirror at the back, it's all green-whitey reflections. Right now there are some orange nasturtiums that my nephew brought me for our house warming party. I can see it from where I sit right now. More corners coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful piece of furniture!
    and what a beautiful collection of glass bottles! i have some, too. my husband found me a really cool one last summer in the dirt at a building site. :)

    it's good to see that you are settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it! We have a lovely collection of old glass bottles all over the house as well & I love putting them in places to catch either the natural light or the light from a lamp. I love the warmth of the old glass. Beautiful pictures as usual. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...