Wednesday 31 March 2010

planning, gathering, collecting........

.......... collating. That's the hard one. Collating it - getting it all to come together, as one cohesive unit. Or even at one time. One stitch joined with all the others, rather than all these random stitches and lines and shapes and colours and ideas in my head. 
I have a market stall booked in for the end of April. Haven't done any markets since Christmas. And really, I didn't want to be doing any more (unless they were really big designer ones). But things didn't go as planned earlier this year, and life, work, thoughts, ideas, wishes, hopes, dreams shifted. And I had to change. 
Oh. 
I had to change. 
That's the hard one.

So, I aim to have a new range to launch at the Bris-Style Indie Twilight Market on Friday 30th April, 2010. Details will follow at a later stage; for now, if you live in or near Brisbane, mark that date into your diaries.
I aim to have many pieces that are OOAK, or at least very limited edition run. At this moment  in my self, I don't want to be making lots and lots of the one things over and over again. I want, I need, some difference. Something new, something else. 
Something that doesn't matter if it doesn't have a twin, or matching almost-look-alike sibling. Perhaps it will be a sibling, but with quite distinct personalities. So you can look and tell that they are related; yet you can look and tell that they are so very different. And you love them both for totally different reasons. Or maybe the same reason.

Things Sam + I are planning ::
>new cushion covers : something very different to our others. just you wait and see
>lots of little zippered purses : all a bit different to each other, no two exactly the same
>some special one-off pieces of skate jewellery
>perhaps a new bag design, or two : depending on how much quiet time I get during the school holidays to get any work done
>some very special, meaningful pieces of fabric and stitches 
>some other little pieces : if, when, how, why : things we make just because we want to : just because we can : just because we could


Can you wait? You'll have to. Perhaps some photos next week. Some snippets of new things slowly showing themselves. 

Until then, I'm still collating. And collecting. And finding inspiration. All. Over. The. Place.


** Image is a paprika dyed cotton doily that was in my stash. We've been doing egg dying, using natural colourings, and I wanted to use up some of the left over dye water. More similar experiments are currently happening in the kitchen. {Note - boiling paprika is quite smelly, do it when your family is not at home; just to keep them a tiny bit happy with all your witches pots brewing in the house!}

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new creations! Good luck with the changes... I think I feel a little bit the same at the moment, it is s great to take some time out isn't it? See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmmm excuse me,
    but i just thought i'd do a drive by and tell you...

    that i think your blog is great :)
    x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...