Friday 25 June 2010

finders keepers this weekend

If you live anywhere at all near to Brisbane - flying, driving, walking, skating distance - then you must come along to Finders Keepers design market this weekend.
I'm so pleased that this time around I'll be on the other side of the tables, not having the stress, tiredness, anxiety and anticipation of all the stall holders. Actually, to be truthful, I do really like many many aspects of market-life. The anticipation especially. But being on the other side means that I can enjoy the market in a totally different way. As a shopper. 
Wowee...
I'll be taking along some pocket money {hint, if you are heading there then take cash as a lot of the stallholders may not have their own eftpos machines} and expecting to bring home some new treasures. 
I love Finders Keepers because it is a very select group of local (and Aussie) designers. It's all of such a high quality, chosen through a very thorough process {believe me, it's possibly one of the longest applications for craft design markets around}, which means that everything there will be drool worthy and have that certain cuteness factor that is super popular and very covetable.
Check out all the designers, and even download a floor plan before you go.
I'm liking the look of Beattie, Birikini, Mainichi, Sanoii + Six, Mother Maria. hmmmm, they all appear to be clothing.
And of course my always favourites; some friends who I know well, others who I know through blog-land and the market rounds; Kindling, Udessi, Edward & Lilly, Chi Designs, We Are Messengers, Lauren Carney, and Pippijoe.
*all images used with thanks from (top-bottom) :: Udessi, Sanoii + Six, Kindling (x2), Edward & Lilly (x2), and We Are Messengers.

1 comment:

  1. it was soooo lovely meeting you and your beautiful family missy!
    i really hope you enjoyed the day! :) fun times had all round i say!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...