Monday 23 August 2010

bread I'll be making



look at this yummy bread. oh.so.good.

i've not been making enough bread lately. i do hate buying bread. be it from the shops in a plastic bag (eeekkkkk hate that) or from the bakery in a paper bag (a much better option than plastic, and i can take my own paper bag to reuse. but the "gourmet" bakeries around here can get a bit $$ for something my family will consume in 1-2 days).

i'm planning on bread making this week.

rye is the only flour i have in the cupboard. trying to stop the excess wheat.

monday is studio working day (Sam is off work, to be an at-home-dad). so tuesday will be bread making day. perhaps you'll want to come back and share some fresh warm bread (with dripply butter and Vegemite, maybe) with us.

what's your best bread recipe? i don't really have one, as such - just bung it all in and knead it up. even though i've seen a lot of no-knead bloggers out there, the kneading is the thing for me. that's the part that always makes me think of my mum. and that's good.

*image used with thanks from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite basic bread recipe is from the River Cottage Family Cookbook. It's the basic white bread. But I throw in about one half whole wheat. It's great, not too dense, yummy, sandwich bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love their flatbread! I need to make some more too. My favourite recipe is one from a bread book I bought in Sydney years ago, a sunflower seed bread with honey and it's just gorgeous. But kind of tricky, not so nice if you overcook it, but easy to undercook! Worth the trouble though - if you want the recipe. And kneading the bread reminds me of my mum so much. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:17 pm

    Ellie Ellie Ellie!

    Make this bread right here: http://www.frillsinthehills.com/2010/07/sunday-baking-project-caramelised.html

    Caramelised garlic bread! It's so delicious (and I'm sure you could use rye flour instead of plain flour) and the garlic just melts in your mouth. So nice with pasta - better than that horrible horrible garlic butter bread you get in the foil from the supermarket fridge. Ek!

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...