What a full and lovely (yes, ok tiring also) weekend. A long weekend. Thank you Queen for letting us celebrate your birthday now.
Things we did ::
- a fairy party with face painting and a bunny. Mishi informed us that they weren't real fairies as she could see the straps on their wings.
- a beautiful grown-ups only party for my friend Kathy's birthday. What a fun afternoon of making, and chatting and eating good yummy decadent food. And looking around and realising I am making (have made) some super good friends since moving down here.
- woke up Sunday morning to gloom and rain and wet and overcast. Decided to go to Brisbane for the night. What a good thing.
- met Sylv at yarn heaven Tangled Yarns. such a delicious and inspiring shop. we did have fun. we did buy some yarn. and guess what - I have actually started making something with it. So far I have half of a pair of fingerless mittens already finished and being used as I type. (one warm hand, one cold hand - have to finish the other mitten soon!).
- we went for afternoon tea at my cousin's new(ish) little grocer cafe, Sourced Grocer. What a sweet little spot - great for some local cheese, in season fresh produce, a cup of good tea/coffee, and a bowl of very yummy (and reasonably priced) food. ok - yes, my cousin's own this place, but I'd be saying all this even if they didn't! I've seen Sourced on Instagram, and featured in The Weekend Edition. They even sell ice-cream sandwiches!
And yes, it rained and rained and was windy and cold and dismal. We stayed inside and soaked up the heat from our fireplace - and the warmth of the real electricity and television and long hot shower for one night while in Brisbane.
What did you get up to this weekend?
What are your plans for the coming week?
*my computer seems to have overloaded itself and won't take any more photos, so......