Friday 7 August 2009

Nook - opening tomorrow

19 Browning St, West End, QLD, 4101.

If you live in Brisbane, then you really must make the time to visit a new store that is opening tomorrow.
A lovely looking little shop :: handcrafted :: local :: ethical :: eco :: recycled :: funky.
I haven't yet seen the shop, but I've visited the blog many times. Enjoying the views of the setting up. And I've chatted with Michelle (of Pedrosprout) about it. About how she found all the fit-outs on Ebay - they look like great finds, beautiful piece, not regular shop fit-out at all.
And I've spied the pieces coming in. A few I know personally; Beckybean (sisters Bec and Jade), Edward & Lilly (beautiful and intricate embroidery), Hot Toffee, Scampsville, Peppermint Mag, Paper Boat Press... as well as a handful of others.
Red Seed Studio will be there, too. As soon as I get on top of all my orders and printing and sewing.
Brisbane really is a lovely place to live. So many exciting things happening and starting. The handcrafted movement is in full momentum. People are taking notice. Regular people. Not just crafty people.So, pop in to Michelle's shop and support a local business who is supporting handcrafted.

*All photos from the Nook site, with thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I were close enough to stop by! But I have enjoyed looking at the pictures, what a fun looking shop! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...