Thursday 29 July 2010

creative space :: pears, citrus and an apple

Yesterday I did a little bit of screen printing, for a customer order.

Even though we are in the process of packing everything up, to move to a new little studio space next week, I pushed aside the mess and squeedgied out a few panels  of hemp (for sewing into cushion covers) and tea towels of Pear Shaped in that brightest of reds that I do love so much. 

Now, today - sewing the cushions up, so they can get posted off tomorrow. And photographing the tea towels so I can get them into my little online shop at Blue Caravan.

Sometimes, for some reason, I have a real difficulty photographing my tea towels. I want to style them in a sweet way {you know, cups of tea and things}, but also it has to be practical so the images are actually easy to see as well. How do you think I've gone. 

Don't think much else will be happening this week. The boy is still off school sick; I'm looking after another little friend all day tomorrow; my nephew will be here tonight. Sounds like I'll have a hard time keeping the kitchen clean (you know all those constant dishes kids use throughout the day) and the loungeroom tidy (all those endless games and drawings and books and papers they need to set up in every room of our house). 

I've also been enjoying having a little lie in each morning (not having to jump up for the school run). Having my morning coffee in bed, while reading an interesting book I picked up at the library - I'll admit right now I'm still not sure that the book's actually about anything, but it's got some really good parts and thought-provoking quotes, and is also filled with drawings and photos and old maps and stamps and things from Morocco. I chose the book based on it's cover!

More creatives over at Kootoyoo; where she's got some warm and fuzzy wool on her needles. 
PS - if you scroll down to this post, I've a giveaway of my tea towels.

6 comments:

  1. Clever duck, I like the photo with the rod and the basket. Great design btw.

    xB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous design, I love mine to bits! I like the tea towels on the rod and also the one with the basket. The simplicity of the background really suits them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope your little one is getting better soon?Love your pear design really nice!Good idea with the fruits in the picture ;)
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren’t tea towels the photographic pits????! I swear you have to coax every photogenic fibre out of 'em. Having said that, I reckon you've done an excellent job - styled and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:31 am

    hey elle. loving your work...always!
    i have glandular fever so have been really icky. will speak soon.
    love to you
    lea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh the pears are so so beautiful, Ellie, great job !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...