Thursday 12 August 2010

lolly dolly {creative space}


I'm part of the entertainment, tonight, at a massive scrapbooking event.
The costumes are crazy and fun and like a little girls birthday party - but on high speed or something! 

I'm adding the finishing touches to my costume (it was given the seal of approval, last night, by the organiser).

A beautiful underskirt / petticoat borrowed from Sylv. It's so lush to wear so much tulle - oh, I do think I was meant to be born in a different era. {Mind you, I'm not sure I would have coped with the corsets or restrained feminist ideas}. A red + white striped silk dress, which I'm pulling up in ruffley bits so it shows off the most demure amount of tulle.

This morning I'm making fabric floral rosette bits to put onto the pinned up ruffles. I'll be wearing some in my hair, and around my neck as well. {This blue flowery hair piece was made by the always beautiful Nannette. I bought it from her last year at the Stitches + Craft Show - where I wish I'd bought one of her amazing cushions.....}

And my pink wedding shoes - so much fun to wear. But thankfully also quite comfortable. 

I'm thinking pink or purple tights underneath. Just for fun. Of course. 

Tonight is all about fun. 600 Scrapbookers. And a gang of Lolly Dolly entertaining girls all dressed up in craziness!

Lots more creative spaces at Kootoyoo

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're going to look AMAZING! I'm in love with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your in for a great time. Love the thought of all that tulle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like so much fun ! You are going to look great .

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sounds like so much fun! Wish I were coming along! I love a good costume party :) Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that IS a lot of tulle, that is going to be a whole bunch of fun to flounce about in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Go for fun!!I love that first picture of tulle :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. how incredibly lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...