Sunday 7 April 2013

{weekending}

A few snippets from our weekend:



There was sunshine and rain clouds
There was laughter and tears
There were tantrums and dancing.

Our dear friends came for lunch, and stayed all afternoon.
The second-hand ride-on-mower we have been waiting for arrived. Now the jungle out there looks like a proper lawn (and Sam is enjoying the mowing job!).

I have been enjoying the sunshine, and the way it is slipping into our home in new ways as the Earth shifts, and the Autumn light changes direction.
I have been inspired by this intense colourway (above), of a page from a current read combined with a flower picked from a neglected garden along our road. {The owner - our bus driver when we were in primary school- of the garden died last year, and no-one has moved into the home. His garden blooms on.}
I made hummous after reading Kate's adventures at mid-night on Friday. (The dried chickpeas were put on to soak at mid-night, the making of was left until the next day).
We made popcorn, and gnocchi. And enjoyed brownies made by friends.

I did no stitching on my poncho, but it is patiently sitting waiting for the few moments I have to work on it. And boy does it make me happy knowing it's sitting there waiting.

What did you get up to this weekend?
I hope you had sunshine, and saw Spring time blooms, or Autumn leaves.
I hope you had some creativity - be that making a salad, stitching some fabric, drawing lines along a page, styling a shelf, taking a photograph, or simply enjoying the art of tea and conversation.

Here's to a wonderful new week my friends,
Ellie xxx

1 comment:

  1. and thanks for your hospitality as always family of petalplum, we always love it when we visit and honestly didn't know it was quite so late when we left!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...