Sunday 23 June 2013

a bit of lovin' :: bloglovin'


If I know it, then surely you already know (I'm late to the party in these aspects!!). Google reader is closing really soon. Honestly, don't ask me what all that means. I'm one of those people (few people??) who like to head on over to the blog home page to read your blog. I don't read in readers, I don't get your newest blog post emailed to me. I visit my favourite blogs when I can, and check in on them directly at their web address. 
I know I'm in the minority, and that most of you read in some other way. How? I'm curious - right now, how are you reading this blog? 

Anyway. What I've discovered, after a bit of web searching (cause even though I don't use a blog reader, I do know a thing or two about web searches!), I found that the new reader I like best is Bloglovin'. It is much prettier than google reader, and after more reading I found that when you read from there it counts as a web hit to the blog. I like that. Makes me happier to know there's people reading here.

So. Here's me saying :: go and follow my blog on Bloglovin'! Are you there, let me know so I can follow you. Who knows maybe I'll even start reading blogs over there one day. 

Instead of me working out how to tell you how to import your blogs from Google Reader, I found this excellent tutorial that tells you. So go read it here, if you want.

Happy New week friends. Here's hoping it's creatively beautiful for you, with lots of time for tea and crochet and........ 
E xxx

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what it's all about either.
    But I found you over there and I followed you over there and I'll visit you over here just as soon as you post again. happy new week my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you guys, I've no idea whats going on but I'll follow over there too..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Ellie. Yep, I'm reading this post from Bloglovin' and it's kinda surreal. Like looking in a mirror reflected in a mirror. ; )
    Have to say I love Bloglovin. I too was one of those people who liked to visit the actual site and Bloglovin makes me feel like nothing has changed. I feel like I'm visiting and commenting as usual. I often forget I am in a reader at all. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll find that funny, but I've decided to join Bloglovin last week & have been adding the blogs I read. I was like you & read blogs without going through Google Reader etc. I've been reading blogs & writing in mine over a decade, and I think Bloglovin is helping me more on track with friends & people I follow. And like you said, it counts as a view on the person's blog, and it takes you to the blog directly, so what's the trouble ?
    Oh and of course I follow you on Bloglovin !
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...