Monday 24 June 2013

an under the lemon tree list





I am one of those people who wants things to happen. And dreams about it happening. But doesn't really put the planning into how to make it happen. Hmmmm - sometimes it (whatever this it is I'm talking about?) happens on it's own, mostly it just doesn't happen.
So, with the year already half gone and disappeared, I've decided now is a good a time as any to change 35 years of training to be a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type girl. AND MAKE SOME PLANS!

You don't really want to hear them all. Plans are plans. But some, can I share some? Here goes:
+ garden. Get it happening and growing again. It was such a beautiful and nourishing place for me to be, and so good to gather our dinner ingredients and share country goodness with our city family.
+ learn my big (expensive) camera. How to make it work to it's best. Often times I'm finding my photos are massive file sizes, but fuzzy resolution. So disappointing. 
+ spend more time using my real real (film) camera. Is it even possible to get film anymore?
+ dedicate time for connecting and gathering with other creatives. Monthly? Is that too often? 
+ Write that big list of jobs around the house and land and make them happen. 
+ have more photos taken of me, with my family. Be happy with the photos taken of me (that's a hard one sometimes.. any excellent "make-me-look-better-than-a-model" type of photographers out there?).
+ baking and cooking :: bread, wholesome sweets for my little ones, overcoming my "irrational fear" of preserving and canning.
+ weekly dedicated planned crafting / making time with my little ones. 
+ more walking on and around our land. Exploring time and time again. 

Ah. That's a few for now. Good to start with giant leaps isn't it. Just do it all at once, no baby steps or anything. Yep. Life solved. Go forth and be fantastic now that I have my list. Uh Huh!?

How are you at list making? 
Do you make and follow? 
Or make a list of the things you've already done, so you can cross that off?

Here's to an excellent, exciting, exploring, enticing week for you all. xxx
{oh, and I think I just realised the lemon tree significance - ok, I must make lemonade or maybe lemon curd or preserved lemons out of life}.

1 comment:

  1. I am not so good at list making. I usually have a list in my head, albeit a bit scrambled. Best of luck with crossing off some things on your list. I have many of the same things on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...