Monday 7 January 2008

being drafted

I have been going through all my old drafted blogs entries. The ones that I didn't finish - either by running out of time, or ideas, or.... That's often the way I think, anyway, in snippets. I write in unfinished sentences. I feel that maybe this is because I form my sentences quicker than I can process the entire idea. And then, sometimes, by the time I'm at the end of a sentence or paragraph I'm not sure I still agree or believe where I started. Or often-times it's becuase I find that I've started rambling too much, and gone on and on and on. And just as often, I'll be called away half-way through writing (a woken baby, or crying child) and won't be able to return to finish the writing.


I've decided to make these posts 'published' rather than just sitting there in draft-land. This blog is a diary of sorts, for me, my children. It's a record of them as a baby, toddler, child, kid, youth. I don't have hand-written journals for them, and my photoalbum skills aren't up to scratch. This blog is it, at the moment. And as I look back on my previous writing and photos, I'm noticing that it really is my family that I'm looking at and reading about. I like that :: somehow, through this experimental writing, for me, I'm being truthful and accurate and honest - in who I am.

So, if you're interested in looking at these previous "unpublised writings" follow these links ::

Friday 22nd June :: Monday 2nd July :: Wednesday 4th July :: Thursday 12th July :: Tuesday 17th July :: Wednesday 25th July :: Saturday 18th August :: Wednesday 22nd August :: Monday 3rd September :: Saturday 15th September :: Saturday 3rd November :: Monday 19th November ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do so appreciate each and every visitor to my blog. While I try hard to reply to your comment, it often doesn't quite happen..... know that I'm sending you a thoughtful thanks xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...